681 PERALTA AVE.
SAN FRANCISCO, CA
LISTED AT $1,495,000
Welcome home to this light filled renovated Bernal Heights Mid Century single family home with open concept floor plan and sweeping City views from the rear.
This 3 bedroom/2 bathroom home has a bright, airy floor plan with a wonderful blank slate outdoor patio/garden area that is perfect for entertaining. The main level of the home has a contemporary open living/kitchen/dining area with recessed lighting, kitchen island with seating, and skylight to let in even more natural light.
There are also recently refinished beautiful oak hardwood floors on the staircase and main level of the home and the interior is newly painted. Custom Hunter Douglas blinds are on the living and dining room windows.
This floor also has 2 spacious bedrooms with nice views, & ample closet space with closet organizers. There is also an updated full hall bath with skylight.
The street level consists of a large 3rd bedroom with French doors leading to the patio/garden area. There is also an en suite full bath and laundry room adjacent to the bedroom.
The home has an attached 1 car garage (with interior access as well as access to the back yard) and ample storage space. Purchased solar panels were added to the home in 2015.
Close to the amenities of Cortland St., Bernal Hill, playgrounds, tech shuttles and easy freeway access.
Highlights of the Home:
3 Bed/2 Bath/1 car attached garage parking with great storage space
Large back yard space with big, sweeping City views
Newer retaining wall & fence
Solar panels (purchased, not leased) and new roof added in 2015
Electrical upgrades and Coaxial and Cat 5 cables added
Chef’s kitchen with island that provides additional seating
Solar tube installation to illuminate kitchen
Recessed lighting in living/kitchen/dining areas
Custom Hunter Douglas blinds in living/dining area
Double pane and energy efficient windows
Custom shelving systems in bedrooms
Home equipped with alarm system
Downstairs space legalized in 2014
Dedicated electrical line for spa
Newer garage door
Age of property: 1955 (per tax records)
1,450 Square Feet (per floor plan)
ADDITIONAL DETAILS ON UPGRADES/FEATURES
I. Roof and ceiling
- 2015: Added new IB (Industry Best) roof
- 2015: Added new solar system; paid outright, NO lease
- 2015: Added blown-in insulation in attic
II. Open plan living room, dining room and kitchen
a. Living room (including dining room)
- 2012: Added custom Hunter Douglas custom blinds for the living and dining room windows
- 2014: Removed wall between living room and kitchen with flush beam ceiling (versus a 15' header); re-routed HVAC in the removed wall to the front of the house
- 2014: Added recessed lighting and dimmer switches to the lighting in living room and dining room
- 2014: Added vent for heating to the living room and electrical outlets in the kitchen island
- 2014: Added dedicated electrical lines to the kitchen appliances as well as a dedicated outlet for an optional appliance, such as a microwave. In doing so, also brought all the kitchen wiring up to code as the previous owner did some unpermitted work.
- 2014: Added under cabinet LED lighting to replace previous halogen lighting not up to code
- 2015: Added solar tube to naturally brighten kitchen area
- 2018: Added water line to refrigerator
III. Loft style stairwell project
- 2015: Removed portion of wall between living room (to the fireplace) and stairwell area leading downstairs
- 2015: Raised the sloping ceiling up to 7' to be level at the same height as upstairs ceiling
- 2015: Added a chandelier and electrical outlet
- 2015: Added stainless steel and glass railing between living room and stairwell
- 2015: Added stainless steel handrail from the top of the stairs to the bottom of the stairs to replace the wooden one that was not to code.
IV. Upstairs Bedrooms
a. Bedroom #1
- 2015: Added new receptacle and grounding of outlet in master bedroom, along with relocation and grounding of outlets in living room, and relocation of 3-way and regular switches
b. Bedroom #2
- 2013: added elfa custom closet shelving solution
V. Downstairs in general
2014: Legalized downstairs in the garage, bathroom and bedroom to be Title 24 compliant, making it a legitimate 3/2 (versus some of the 2/1's in the area that have sometimes been overmarketed as 3/2s) by removing dead pipes, adding insulation in the garage and bedroom, drywall in the garage (as well as new drywall in the bedroom to cover the new insulation), a fire rated door, energy-saving windows, etc.
- 2014: Added new garage door
- 2014: Added new side mount LiftMaster garage door (to enable more ceiling space) and keypad for manual access (remote access available via internet with myQ internet gateway accessory that much be connected to router and by downloading the myQ app)
- 2014: Added 4 electrical outlets
- 2014: Added second electrical panel to accommodate solar system and dedicated line for a future space in the backyard
VII. Downstairs bedroom
- 2017: Added French Doors and outdoor lighting on each side, along with outdoor outlets/receptacles
- 2017: Added floor to ceiling mirrored doors for closet
- 2017: Added elfa custom closet shelving solution
VIII. Laundry room
- 2014: Added LED light
- 2014: Added outlet/receptacle
- 2014: Added new toilet
- 2014: Added new vanity
- 2014: Added new light fixture
- 2014: Re-glazed tiles
X. Whole house improvements
- 2012: Wired house upstairs and downstairs with coaxial and Cat 5 cables and added entertainment equipment
- 2012: Added alarm system that can be accessed remotely with Residio TC 2.0 app.
- 2013: Added cast in concrete retaining wall with aluminum railing to replace failing wooden wall
- 2014: Added dedicated electrical line for potential spa (part of electrical upgrades throughout the house)
- 2020: Added new wooden fence to separate the adjacent yard
XII. Improvements for the preparation for the sale of the home in August, 2020
-Refinishing of hardwood floors; painting of the entire interior (and front door); power washing the front/back of the house and patio area; back yard planting
555 Castro St.
San Francisco, CA 94114